- 1978 Graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic
College, KC campus
Dr. Ventura began his practice of sports injuries
in 1978. In 1980 he founded Midwest Pain Seminars. Acting as an ancillary part of his
clinic, Midwest Pain provided continuing education seminars sponsored by the
Mentor Corp. on the subject of electrical
stimulation for pain control.
In 1981 he founded Ventura Medical Electronics which
manufactured portable TENS nerve stimulators, interferential and Russian Stim stimulators
and electro-acupuncture devices. Between 1981 and 1992 he developed several innovative
stimulator designs and worked with the FDA to create a new FDA category of stimulators
Since 1980, Dr. Ventura has been a part of over 100 continuing
education seminars on the subjects of acupuncture, LASER therapy, electrical stimulation
and microcurrent therapy.
He has treated numerous high school, college and professional
athletes, and was the team physician for a local community college and high
school. In 1985 he was one of the treating physicians at the U.S. Open Tennis
tournament. Dr. Ventura retired from active practice in 1986 to devote full time to the
development of new products for pain control. In 1991 he developed the first, and still
only, stimulator that fit on an expansion card of an IBM computer to provide the ultimate
in accuracy and treatment options.
In 1991, Dr. Ventura authored the first comprehensive book on
Microcurrent stimulation for pain blocking. He followed that success with another protocol
and technique book on interferential therapy for muscle dysfunction and pain. In 1992 he
authored a comprehensive video seminar on clinical electrical stimulation for pain
Dr. Ventura began work on several software projects designed for
patient education, spinal screening, and range of motion examinations. 1995 saw the
release of SuperGraphics, Visual Spinal Analyzer, followed by Posture Pro, VROM, and the
Total Response System. The new ChiroPath program graphically explains the basics
In 1998 Dr. Ventura began work on a project named i.r.i.s. This
new software program is an image management system for digital x-ray storage, retrieval,
marking, and transmission via phone lines. This software holds great promise in bringing
teleradiology to the average practitioner.
In 1999 Dr. Ventura began teaching again, working with
Kats Management and as a team teacher for the Karl Parker Seminars on the
subjects of Internet Marketing and Spinal Screening Techniques.
also saw the opening of chirosite.com, an Internet web site built around Dr.
Ventura's idea of a content based subscription web where doctors could take
advantage of the copyrighted images, animations and Flash movies pioneered by
Dr. Ventura, and build a comprehensive web site without "re-inventing the
Dr. Ventura continues to share
his knowledge of high tech marketing techniques through seminars, articles and
- 1981 Developed Dynastim, the first
mass marketed TENS device for dental applications.
- 1984 Developed the Axion line of clinical
- 1984 Developed the first
"on-board" continuity tester for pad and lead wire integrity.
- 1985 Developed the first portable, battery powered
- 1989 Developed the first digital
microcurrent stimulator, Axion micro5.
- 1989 The first stimulator to calculate the actual
current delivered, in real time, in combination with a warning system.
"CurrentAlert" ensured proper parameters were delivered and
reduced incidence of electrode burns.
- 1989 Designed the first acupuncture
point locator/measurement system that did not pre-treat the area being
- 1991 Developed the first combination Interferrential/microcurrent/Russian
Stim device built onto an IBM PC expansion card, the AXION CS
- 1991 The first to deliver a
microcurrent during the rest phase of a Russian Stim cycle.
- 1991 Published the text book "Microcurrent for
- 1991 Published "Interferential
for the 90's".
- 1992 Produced the video "Unlocking the Secrets
of Electro Therapy" Reviewed in Dynamic Chiropractic in that year.
- 1994 Authored the first Windows
based exercise program, PowerCiser.
- 1994 Published a paper regarding the weaknesses of
Russian Stim and proposed the use of the Madison Protocols instead
- 1995 Authored a multimedia patient
education software program called SuperGraphics, later called DC PowerSlides.
- 1996 Released the program, Posture Pro 2000, a
program for digital posture analysis.
- 1996 Released VROM a program to
perform ROM exams.
- 1998 Posture Pro is nominated for Technology of the
- 1998 Authored the Digital Image
Gallery. A collection of over 500 images and animations rendered from
precise 3D anatomy models.
- 1999 i.r.i.s. software is nominated for Technology
of the Year award
- 2000 Released Posture Pro V version
2 with an advanced marker detection system
- 2000 Posture Pro V with AutoDetect is nominated for
Technology of the Year award.
- 2001 Authored AnatomyPro, the first
true 3D anatomy learning system.
- Updated Chirosite.com to create a
full featured website system for Doctors of Chiropractic.
- 2002 Authored BrochurePro the first
chiropractic brochure factory software program.
- 2003 Introduced AnatomyGlass,
collection quality glass blocks with accurate 3D anatomical models laser
etched inside the glass.
- Added Q-Angle measurement and master
report editor to Posture Pro
- Released Waiting Room Wonder- DVD
- 2004 Posture Correction
instructional DVD is released.
- Selected to the Board of Trustees of
Bishop Ward High School
- Selected to the Commission on
Schools for a 50 school school district
- Posture Pro build 5.0 is released.
- Posture Pro chosen one of the 50
best products and one of 100 best products for 2004 by two major trade
- 2006 Selected as a founding member
of the St. James Academy High School Foundation Board
- 2007 Created a line of Anatomy
charts and posters ( www.DrJoeVentura.com )
- 2008 Became an international dealer
for the MENS-O-MATIC microcurrent stimulator and created a series of
educational material, DVD's and charts for microcurrent stimulation
- 2008 Opened AnatomyWorld.com a
website devoted to real-time display of accurate 3D anatomy models
- 2009 Released the Case Plan Pro
software and the Relaxation Station color therapy software
- 2009 Started a consulting service
for doctors of chiropractic
- 2010 Released Brochure Pro 3,
ChiroPath 3, LaserPro II
- 2010 Developed and releases Posture
Blocks, a passive posture correction system (Patent Pending)
- 2010 Four articles on Posture
Reprogramming accepted by the American Chiropractor magazine for publication
- 2010 Released SpinalGraphics a
larger than life vinyl wall graphic for patient education
- 2010 Released ChiroMercials, a
package of 6 custom TV commercials for doctors of chiropractic
Dr. Ventura continues to develop new
software and patient education programs to help advance patient education and
participation in their care program.
Contact us for more info